Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thats more like it!



Ahh, so this is what Rugby looks like after 2 weeks of vacation. This was without any warm up, to boot. We did a whole run through but my camera only had 2 minutes left on it so this is all there is. It was a great run through - I was especially pleased with the go-outs.

I just love the way Rugby works, he is so serious and focused about his job. He always saves the play time for the end of the exercise (even if I try to coax him into it earlier). I wonder if it is a toy dog thing since Ellie is a very serious worker too. I think once Cabot becomes a 'dog' and grows out of his puppy-ness he will be very serious too. Hmmm....

7 comments:

  1. Yay, Rugby!!! Welcome back from vacation.

    I think that once Cabot has Novice behind him (tomorrow or Saturday, if we're doing this right!)he'll become more serious. Open and Utility are where it's at, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Rugby!!! Welcome back from vacation.

    I think that once Cabot has Novice behind him (tomorrow or Saturday, if we're doing this right!)he'll become more serious. Open and Utility are where it's at, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous you can just stroll and your dog is trotting at your side. I have to walk so fast I feel like I'm going to fall down when heeling Riley.... otherwise I get an ugly walk/pace/trot combo. He's a good little worker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading your post on dog aggression and it really struck a chord with me. I have a 5 month old boxer puppy, and a 13 year old german shepherd (who is arguably in a considerable amount of pain from arthritis and hip dysplasia). We have had several issues involving aggression on the part of the shepherd, which resulted in 2 trips to the vet for the boxer puppy. Of course, the 13 year old is on his last limbs- so training him to be anything other than aggressive is an invalid suggestion. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciated the article, and I'll be following your blog.

    Wiggles & Giggles,
    Lucy's Human
    http://lucyshuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you are one smart doggy!

    Waggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete