Monday, October 18, 2010

Rugby, a lesson in Physics.

If Rugby were a positively charged ion, and the slope in the grassy area where we practiced today was a magnetic field.....
Then I could completely understand why Rugby's go-outs looked like this today.
The place we chose to set our jumps up at had a slight slope just in front of where I am standing. Not too big of a deal, just a little hill right?!

Well, I had imagined this video happening with Rugby running AT the camera instead of away from it. However, that hill did something very funny to Rugby's go-out. He could NOT run up the hill in a straight line. Every single time I sent him he would run straight until he got to the hill and start veering in the left. I broke it down and sent him straight half way and then straight the second half and he was fine. That just left me even more confused when I tried to put the two halves together and he still was veering to the left!

Once I realized what was going on, I switched sides and this is what we got -


It was wonderful! That was our really high note for us to end on.

I am not sure if we should work on this hill probelm or just ignore it until we have more repetitions under our belt. I am inclined to ignore it for now (no pun intended :-p). It is unlikely that we go into a ring that has a hill in it after all. Hmmm....

8 comments:

  1. Very impressive!!! That little guy sure has come a long way!

    Cabot can't wait to learn this stuff, too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He definitely looks like he's having fun! I'm no help on why the hill messed him up, though. Just one of those mysteries of dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS! You are good! I am NOT going to show Beth this video....she may think I should do something like that! Bravo to you, my friend -- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great job! It looks like so much fun!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam and Rugby! Wow, Rugby is an amazing and completely adorable pooch! :-)

    I found your blog from Pet Blogs United and am your newest follower!

    I invite you to visit my blog and follow me if you'd like at http://www.parkavenuechihuahua.blogspot.com/

    Have a fantastic day! :-)

    ~ Tina
    Park Avenue Chihuahua

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shiloh'n Shasta here - we r also nu followerz frum PBU. We thinkz u iz really good. Butt, like Remington, our mom iz not gonna c this or she may d-side our CGC'z r not enuf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its funny how something like that can totally mess up something they know well.

    ReplyDelete