Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Long time,

So, it has been a while.

Rugby has been diligently working on his stand. 3 days ago we started adding the 'stand' command and yesterday he decided he didn't know what it was, but he didn't completely forget, just needs some more help so we will continue, on this long long road of the stand.

Rugby's dumbell came in the mail yesterday too, so we started with that. At first, he really really didn't like the idea of me putting it in his mouth, but after three times of him trying to run away from the dumbell, he gave up. Since he loves his play retrieve, it didn't take long for him to decide it wasn't so bad. Tonight we were doing some more 'fetches' and in between the 'give' and the next 'fetch Rugby's tail was just wagging and wagging and he would try to reach out and grab it. I let him a couple time because it was so funny, and he wasn't even trying to play with it he just grabbed it and held it like I had been asking him, and giving it when I asked. How can you not smile at that? It was precious.

We also started the down. Rugby thinks this is stupid. He is slowly changing his mind and today when we finished he was going down without telling me that it was stupid. It is coming though, I think he will be much better as we go on. I have been having a hard time trying to figure out how to get him down and give the proper downward pressure on the leash. It is hard since he is so small (5.5 lbs now) and he needs know that me pulling downwards means lay down for later in the game. We have been experimenting, but nothing is really easy like it is with the big dogs.

That is all I can think of right now, but I will try to write more often. Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment